Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Hey Ohio...Let's Go Politiking!

***DISCLAIMER***  This is a satirical piece.  Or is it?  Read it with a grain of salt.  I am invoking a state of freewill.  If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.  If you are offended it is a YOU problem.


Well, well, well.  Today is primary day in Ohio.  Get out and VOTE people!  And pray for the future of our nation.  For the first time in my 20+ years of being eligible to vote this is by far one of the WORST pools of candidates vying to become Commander in Chief.  I'd run down the list for you but do I really need to?  Haven't we already been overrun with town hall meetings, debates, appearances on Saturday Night Live, etc.?  I'm certain that some people would point out that previous office holders were crooks, embroiled in scandals, and skirt chasers.  I don't deny that.  With the exception of James Buchanan.  I believe he was a slacks chaser based on some reports.  

The only time I ever considered a non-politician businessman for President was way back in 1992.  Anyone remember H. Ross Perot?  They guy could do a spot on Dana Carvey impression.  He made such an impact on the election that he essentially stole votes from George H.W. Bush, and probably Bill Clinton for that matter, causing Bush the election and getting Clinton into office.  I would say history is now repeating itself but this round's non-politician businessman is actually going to be endorsed by one of the recognized parties and not an independent.  Please note I use the term 'endorsed' loosely because, while he may have enough delegates to win the nomination, I don't think the party is too keen on some of his worldly insights (or lack thereof).

All I can say about the other party is this - God help us if William Jefferson Clinton becomes this country's First Gentleman.  Or whatever we would call him.  Par-tay in the Lincoln Bedroom.  Hey!

I've already made my decision how I intend to vote come election time in November.  I desire a candidate who is noble and gifted.  Someone who has shown great leadership and strategy in a military position but also knows to be diplomatic and open minded.  My ideal candidate is at peace with himself and one with...well...the Force.  That's right.  If you haven't figured it out by now.



No comments:

Post a Comment